Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Display Problems!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 fmacy1

fmacy1

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 AM

Posted 10 July 2005 - 11:20 AM

[B] I have a windows 98 gateway solo 2500 laptop. I had start up problems so i started in safe mode and did a troubleshooter and it told me to run the "step by step confermation" so i did and i got that problem fixed so now it starts up normally. but now it looks like it is in safe mode even though its not. it is in 16 colors with very little screen area. so i went to display and moved the little slider thing and then clicked OK but it doesnt do any thing. then it says to restart my computer so i did and nothing happened. i dont think i need to re install my graphics driver because this happend once before and i didnt do that. i do not know how i did it, it was just luck i think. but now i have this problem all over again and i have no idea how to fix it! please help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pip22

pip22

• Banned
  • 341 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 AM

Posted 10 July 2005 - 02:38 PM

Go into Control Panel - Device manager.
Look to see what's listed under 'Display Adapter'.
If there is a ! or a ? there, or if it says Standard VGA Driver instead of the name of the actual video card, then it means your video driver is not installed. You should, hopefully, have a separate CD with drivers on it which is supplied for an event such as this to save you having to re-install Windows just because one driver is missing or corrupt.

Edited by pip22, 10 July 2005 - 02:39 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users