Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AppData doesn't show when I go into Users>(username)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 shortmantuff

shortmantuff

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 AM

Posted 16 July 2009 - 10:04 AM

I can never find Appdata when I go into my login name folder. I have to search it. Any reason why?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 steelysteelers23

steelysteelers23

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2009 - 11:58 AM

It's a hidden folder and you can't see them by default. Go to Computer and at the top left, there's a button that says "Organize". Click that and choose "Folder and Search options". Go to the view tab and underneath "Hidden Files and Folders" click on "Show hidden files and folders"

#3 shortmantuff

shortmantuff
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2009 - 12:51 PM

Isn't this a security risk though by enabling the secret folders?

#4 steelysteelers23

steelysteelers23

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2009 - 11:38 AM

No, hidden folders are only hidden so the user doesn't accidentally mess around with them if they don't know what they're doing. And if you have multiple users on your computer, this will only show the hidden folders under your account. The hidden folders that you want to keep hidden are known as "super hidden" folders. Those you would show with another method.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users