Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Urgent need of assistance without disk?!? Viruses & Trojans

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 blackberryx

blackberryx

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 AM

Posted 16 July 2009 - 09:25 AM

Hi,

I posted a topic earlier and then I thought I had found a fix. I downloaded malware bytes, smitfraudfix and ERUNT. So I ran smitfraud fix, installed erunt and it backed up my files and created a restore point. It also has this registry tool with it so I tried that and it did whatever it needed to (im not too computer friendly!) and restarted. My computer now will not restart and displays this message on a black screen in a white font;

Windows boot manager

windows failed to start. a recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:

1. insert your windows installation disk and restart your computer.
2. choose your language settings, and then click "next."
3. click "repair your computer."

If you do not have this disk, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

File:\boot\bcd

Info: An error occured while attempting to read the boot configuration data.

My only options on the screen are;

ENTER=Continue

or

ESC=Exit

The only problem is I never had a restore disk as Toshiba have stopped producing them for their newer laptops, you have to do them yourself from an on screen icon.

Do I have any other option but to call Toshiba and buy a restore disk or would i be able to download the into from the internet and burn it to a blank cd disk?

All help is so appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 PM

Posted 16 July 2009 - 02:24 PM

Judging by your other post in Am I Infected?, I'd say that you are still infected and would pursue that avenue
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 enfurno

enfurno

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 PM

Posted 16 July 2009 - 03:33 PM

Well sometimes anti virus have boot disks that can clean the PC for you. When they do they are in safe mode which would clean most of them if not all

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users