Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Forgot MSN hotmail password/secret answer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ChadBC

ChadBC

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 PM

Posted 16 July 2009 - 03:59 AM

Is there any way I can somehow reset the password and have the email sent to another address since I cannot access the email I'm resetting for? I already signed up again under a different screename for MSN but I switched it from hotmail.com to live.com

Whenever I attempt to type in the password and submit to see if I get lucky, it says this password has been entered too many times incorrectly and blah blah blah...it tells me to wait. Well, I waited a week and I went back to try it and it still said that. I don't even know how I forgot it. I was in the process of changing all my passwords to all the emails/sites I belong to so I could remember them easily since most of them were all different...but that didn't seem to work too well. I don't see how I keep doing the wrong password though, since I only have like 5 variants with different words and such and I tried all of them and it keeps saying wrong password or "you've entered this incorrect password too many times".

Maybe someone hacked into it? I doubt it though.

Thanks , if any of you can help. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Mysterysgames

Mysterysgames

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 AM

Posted 16 July 2009 - 08:08 AM

You haven't provided an alternative email to send your password reset?
Hmmm, in that case it might be difficult I'm afraid.
However, on Windows Live they say that if you have re-entered wrong passwords and your account gets blocked, you still should have a chance to try again by using a verification system. Aren't you shown characters to enter, so that you can try to log in again?

#3 Shadowdance

Shadowdance

• Members
  • 314 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 AM

Posted 21 July 2009 - 05:59 PM

Hey, go here

http://hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/dasp/ua_info.asp

where it says about forgetting password and try it :thumbsup:

I had once my hotmail hacked and microsoft support was very good and fast with me, but the support systems have now changed and this link is only I can find.

Let me know :flowers:

WIN 7 ULTIMATE EN, AMD Dual-Core A4-6320, 3.8GHz (Turbo 4GHz), MB: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. A55BM-E Rev X.0x, DDR3 SIN 1333 4GB, AMD Radeon HD 8370D, Realtek High Definition Audio,

Seagate ST500DM002-1BD142 500GB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users