Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mouse unresponsive

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 miken82ndabn

miken82ndabn

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:04 AM

Posted 15 July 2009 - 11:00 PM

Ok I have had this Keyboard and Mouse 5000 for a little over 4 months now, I am currently running Windows Vista x64. I was currently on EQ2 when this one particular issue popped up, my system just came out of nowheres and shut down EQ2 and rebooted my comp, upon start up my keyboard was still responsive and the mouse sad to say was not. I tried using a wired mouse to check the vitals of the drivers and to no avail the wired mouse did not work either... I contacted MS about the issue and all they could tell me (which in for a lack of words "PISSED ME THE HELL OFF") they said the only thing that could potentially be done was reformat the HD and start all over. This is a poor let me rephrase that, VERY poor support advice. Noone should ever have to reformat a HD due to a driver failing. Anyone have any suggestions? I been working on this issue for 7 hours now and nothing on the net has made anything any easier... Thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 miken82ndabn

miken82ndabn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2009 - 11:02 PM

not to mention nothing (and i mean nothing) is more fun than having to do all the navigation via keyboard (especially flash enabled websites).

#3 DeathStalker

DeathStalker

• Banned
  • 868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 AM

Posted 15 July 2009 - 11:44 PM

That sounds about par for the course for the MS (non)technical (non)support script readers in Bangladesh. Did they have you try the MS diagnostic Fixit for hardware devices? I haven't tried this one (had no need) but some of the others I have used have worked.

Have you tried to repair Vista using the OS disk? Have you tried Downloading the driver or updating the firmware? Have you tried a system restore to a point when the mouse WAS working?

I remember last year there were some problems with Vista and cordless mice (especially of all things, the Microsoft mice lol), I'm trying to find it at another forum but meanwhile.............. HERE is a tutorial on how to get your keyboard to function as a mouse so you can navigate a bit easier while we try to sort this out........ I'll see if I can find the threads I'm looking for (same forum, but over a year ago) and maybe they can shed some light on the subject for you.

EDIT: Here is a listing of threads about mouse problems, one was even your make and model. The guy never reported back if the solution worked or not though........ it's one of the first couple of threads though.......

Edited by DeathStalker, 15 July 2009 - 11:52 PM.

#4 miken82ndabn

miken82ndabn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2009 - 12:13 AM

thanks for the ease of access info, that makes it a bit better, just wish the cursor would move a bit faster but at least thats a start... The MS Fix it thing didn't work either, when i look in devmgr, theres nothing about an HID mouse device, although several HID's show up, and keyboard shows up (should have mentioned this in the first post) and the hub reads the mouse being there (i.e. i do the sync and recognizes it immediately) you think this might be a bios prob?

#5 DeathStalker

DeathStalker

• Banned
  • 868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 AM

Posted 16 July 2009 - 08:40 AM

Whoops, I just tried to click the link to the thread list and nothing showed up. i guess when I tested it last night it worked because I was logged in to that website. To answer your recent questions:

Last one first: i don't see how it could be a BIOS problem unless you recently went in and changed your BIOS.

The lack of HID sounds like the right track. one of the threads I read on my search last night (you can't access now lol) talked about that. I have to take my little girl to the childrens museum so I really don't have time to research it again right now. I'll look again later, probably at least 12 hours from now, but that doesn't help you now. If you want to look yourself go back to that site, register for it and then when you log in you will see a search option on the toolbar at the top of the screen. I searched "Wireless Mouse Quit working" and got pages of threads, the first couple (the most recent) would probably contain the answer you need though.

One last question. Did you re-insert your mouse installation disc and try to re-install the driver from it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users