Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do I make a template in Publisher to print on paper CD Sleeves?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ringside

Ringside

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 AM

Posted 15 July 2009 - 10:42 PM

Hello all,

I just got some paper CD sleeves and I'd like to use Publisher to create a template so that I can print on the rear of them.

I've measured the sleeves and made a rough template but I need to know how to finalize it so that I can just put a sleeve in my printer, move the slider across (as though I was printing on an envelope) and print away.

As it stands it's still set to print on a piece of paper in the top corner (see image below).

I hope someone can help.

Cheers all!

http://fileserver7.jpghosting.com/images/c...aa2e7aa03ee.JPG

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 txtchr

txtchr

• Members
  • 153 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 PM

Posted 17 July 2009 - 01:41 PM

Assuming you're using Publisher 2003 (and I believe that 2007 is not much different):

Choose New Publication, New from Design (opens up in the left section of the Publisher window when you open the program)
Collapse Publications for Print to view your options
Choose Labels
Click CD/DVD labels
Many options listed here on the right, all with Avery label #s listed. Choose which one you want.

You can buy the Avery labels (or their cheaper generic equivalents) at any office supply store. These labels will be a heavier grade weight of paper than standard 20 lb., so they're better as CD sleeves than plain paper.

Edit: I re-read your post and realized that you had already created the publication. I see from your image that you did it on a standard 8.5 x 11 document. It's going to be difficult to adjust that. Usually if you want to create a custom print publication, you need to set your print options prior to actually creating any fields or designs on the publication itself.

To create a custom-sized layout, choose File --> Page Setup --> Layout --> Custom. Enter in your exact paper width and height, making sure to select if it is portrait or landscape.

At that point, you can begin creating your design. Otherwise Publisher will re-adjust whatever you have done (scaling it down in size) to the smaller dimensions.

Edited by txtchr, 17 July 2009 - 02:23 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users