Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Screen Saver Settings

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kenrosey

kenrosey

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 PM

Posted 15 July 2009 - 09:10 PM

Up until a few days ago, everything was fine; my screensaver would display when required and stayed on until I moved the mouse. Now, it won't start up automatically when required unless I go through the routine of setting it up to start. It will start at the required time; and then after awhile, it reverts back to my desktop and will not go into screensaver mode again until I set it up again. I've done virus scans, etc, and it does not appear that I've been hi-jacked. Any solutions or known causes?

Thanks,
kenrosey

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 PM

Posted 18 July 2009 - 11:29 AM

What operating system are you running? Also what type of mouse are you using?

#3 kenrosey

kenrosey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 PM

Posted 18 July 2009 - 07:16 PM

I'm using Windows XP home and a logitech wireless laser mouse. I was thinking it may be the mouse, but I've been using it for over a month now. The problem started about a week ago. Prior to the problem, I also just re-newed my Anti-virus program (MacAFee).

Ken

#4 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 PM

Posted 01 August 2009 - 10:19 AM

I also use logitech wireless mouse and I use XP/PRO. If you still have your logitech C/D try removing and reloading from the C/D
P/S I have a MX 1000 Laser Mouse and love it. The best I have ever had. Hope you get yours back working again. Get back to us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users