Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Limited Or No Connectivity

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 faulttt

faulttt

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 PM

Posted 15 July 2009 - 08:30 PM

My computer is saying: "Limited or no connectivity"
It started saying that yesterday.
I have 2 computers, about 5 feet away from each other, both of them running on the same hub (internet)
i have replaced the hub with a new one with 4 ports.
When i put one of the internet wires in Computer "A", it works, but when i put another wire into Computer "B", it says "limited or no connectivity". So i know there is something wrong with the computer.

I know the wires aren't the problem because i have a internet wire checker that checks to see if the wire is broken or not.
I am performing a system restore to 3 days ago to see if that will fix the problem, but i do need help.

How do i fix this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 techextreme

techextreme

Bleepin Tech

• Members
  • 2,125 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2009 - 08:48 PM

On the computer that is saying "limited or no connectivity" open a command prompt and run these two commands:

netsh int ip reset reset.log

netsh winsock reset sock.log

After the second command it will tell you that you need to reboot to finish applying the winsock reset.

Reboot your computer and see if you get an ip address and no longer receive the "limited or no connectivity" message.

If you do, I would then try updating the network card drivers on that machine and once again reboot and try again.

Hope this helps,
Techextreme

"Admire those who attempt great things, even though they fail."

-- Seneca

#3 faulttt

faulttt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2009 - 09:09 PM