Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Was infected, unsure if all virus files are gone/fixed

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 azrrlk

azrrlk

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:47 PM

Posted 15 July 2009 - 05:30 PM

I am running Win XP Pro and have been fighting an infection for a few days.

Was running Symantec EndPoint Protection, but it got past that.

Uninstalled and installed AVG Free, ran full scan

Ran Malware Bytes, Super Anti Spyware, Spybot Search and Destroy, Advanced System Care, and Glary Registry Repair.

Found and removed a number of virus files:

tpsaxyd, wiwow64, pp10, and many many others.

At one point, networking wasn't working, USB ports not working, programs freezing up, system resources overloaded, low RAM, processor running forever, and one BSOD.

I've gotten everything back, but am not sure if it's completely gone or if it's still hiding somewhere and will come back. I do notice what appears to be the processor coming on and off very slightly based on the light on my laptop. That seems strange.

If someone were willing to assist me in checking if I'm truly clean via hijack this or combofix, I would sincerely appreciate it. Also, I'd love to know why my supposed "latest and greatest" Symantec Endpoint totally blew it.

Thanks again

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users