Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless Connection question

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 tpm

tpm

• Members
  • 355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 AM

Posted 15 July 2009 - 05:04 PM

Hello

I posted this in the Networking section but haven't had a response. Any help would be great

I have a brother who is trying to access his landlords internet connection with permission of course. He installed a wireless Linksys router in her upstairs part of the house. She has a USB connection from the back of modem to her computer. My brother ran an Ethernet cable from back of modem to the wireless router. In my brothers apt. downstairs he bought a USB wireless Ethernet connector. When he ran the CD setup on the landlords computer it said it had to update Windows. (I am assuming it is running Win 98 or maybe even Win 95)
Can my brother do anything from his end to try and get a connection seeing how everything is in place (the router and wireless USB connector on his computer)? the landlord is never home and he has a hard time catching her to make corrections.
Thanks and any help would be greatly appreciated
It is an Optimum cable connection coming into the house if it maters
Tom

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 15 July 2009 - 05:39 PM

Your fist post on this issue is in the best place tpm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users