Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bleepingcomputer.com new features

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 patbox

patbox

• Members
  • 456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 PM

Posted 15 July 2009 - 03:18 PM

So I have not been here for more than a month. After being unemployed I got a job, and bye bye bleeingcomputer community for a time. But then I realized, that I miss this home sweet home :-) and I am back to bleepingcomputer after all.

So first, what I did I went to "My TOPICS", did this change? I only see my topics updated today... but hello, I was not here 1 month, so I want to see all the updates for 1 month.

So I selected "last 3 months" clicked on "go", and it said "You are flooding bleeping computer" .. all right, why not.... I can wait.. I waited for 20 second for the flooding filter to go off.

Then I selected again My topics -> "last 3 months" and instead of showing me my topics, it showed me all topics updated today :-)

So is this something new? How can I handle this?

Edit: Moved topic from General Chat to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal
Message from Patbox: I AM LOOKING FOR A GIRLFRIEND (PM if interested) :-)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 AM

Posted 15 July 2009 - 03:32 PM

I am unable to duplicate what you describe. No changes have been made to the forum software. So this is not a 'new' feature. Being gone a month I would say you likely have cleared all cookies and browser cache. But you might try it again. Since no one else has reported this issue, it appears localized to your end.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 patbox

patbox
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 456 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2009 - 03:54 PM

Ok, I am starting to understand it. The issue is that I do not see all my post in My Topics. I only see last 4 or 5 post in the My topics. Obviously, I have 409 post here... so seeing only 5 last topics is a little. Is there some filter that blocks old topics to be displayed in My Topics?

#4 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,046 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:47 AM

Posted 15 July 2009 - 10:14 PM

Hello,

If you are using the "My Topics" link near the top of the forum pages, that link will show you all topics you have posted to for the last 30 days. The oldest post link I see in my list is dated 16th June 2009 - 11:22 AM

In the Control Panel, you have some additional options.

If you click on "View Topics" under subscriptions, you will find a list of topics separated by forum. Near the bottom right of the list, you can change the number of days you can see including the option of going from the beginning. Any topics that you are not subscribed to will not show in that list.

Also in the Control Panel, you have a few options under "participating topics". If you click on All, you will see the complete list of topics you have posted to AND that you are subscribed to. If you aren't subscribed to it, you won't see the topic in the list.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Internet Security, NoScript Firefox ext.

animinionsmalltext.gif

#5 patbox

patbox
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 456 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2009 - 09:42 AM

Orangeblossom: Merci, that is what I needed to read. Now I understand.

#6 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,046 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:47 AM

Posted 21 July 2009 - 08:09 PM

You're welcome.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Internet Security, NoScript Firefox ext.

animinionsmalltext.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users