Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mac and the iframe malicious script

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 violet1982

violet1982

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 AM

Posted 15 July 2009 - 12:33 PM

Problem: A couple months ago I some how got some malware on my mac at work (I don't know how because I don't go to "the sites you should stay away from", so I am guessing it was probably from some stupid ad banner. ANYWAY, when I logged into our website via FTP, a week later I noticed our website was blocked by Google (a client actually called us to tell us) and so I looked around to find the malicious script hidden iframe. The problem is it doesn't affect my mac. I'm getting tired of removing the script from our website every other week not to mention I have no idea what the affects are on a mac and don't want to compromise other peoples computers.

FTP Software: FireFTP
Mac OS: 10.4
Software tried: MacScan (did not detect any malware)

I am trying to take care of this without involving any money and unfortanately there isn't much "free" Software out there for Macs or scanners.

Anyone know how to remove this? I am having the FTP passwords changed but I do not want to log back into the FTP only to have it happen all over again and then have to change our FTP passwords again.

Please help!
Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 PM

Posted 15 July 2009 - 04:16 PM

You might have to wait awhile for a reply
I'm going to bring this to the attention of some people who should know
Hang in there
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,470 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 PM

Posted 16 July 2009 - 04:43 PM

Do me a favor and send me a PM with the infected web site url.

Also in this thread give me the details of the hosting platform, APACHE/IIS, and what it is coded in. HTML? PHP? ASP?

Also need to know what the OS is that the web site is running on. Or is the web server running on your mac that you think may be infected?

My guess was is that the mac is not infected, but you were hacked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users