Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Gold Standard AT-FX Gaming Dragon

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 eastonch

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • Local time:05:54 PM

Posted 15 July 2009 - 11:48 AM

Hey, just found this computer advertised for 650 / 640 with vat included! so i was well impressed. the system seems stable with the PSU brand and power... the computer i expect would be professionally wired for best performance. the 1gb GPU is good aswell, heres a upg i made to it see if it would work well

ATFX Dragon - PCFormat Gold Award Winning Gaming System Issue 229 16/07/2009
CPU Upgrade's - Select CPU : AMD Athlon 64 X 2 5200+ 2.7GHz 2 x 1MB (44.00) ---- Is a quad Phenom 3 @ 3.0ghz
Memory Upgrade's - Memory Upgrade's: OCZ 4GB PC2-8500 DDR2 Reaper (69.00)
Harddrive Upgrade's - Select Harddrive: 1TB SATA Hard Drive 3-Gb/s (68.00)
Sound Card Upgrade's - Sound Card Upgrade's: 8-channel (7.1) HIGH DEF Audio ONBOARD
Software Upgrade's - Software Upgrade's: -----------------------I WOULD LIKE TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF WINDOWS 7 TRIAL EDT------------------------
Modem - Install Modem: N/A, I will be using broadband
Wireless Networking - Select Wireless Option: N/A I will be using the onboard Gigabit LAN 10/100/1000
Firewire - Select Firewire Option: 3 Port Firewire PCI Card (9.00)
TFT Monitor - Select TFT: Select TFT
Keyboard & Mouse - Select Keyboard & Mouse: N/A Not Reuired
Speakers - Select Speakers: N/A Not Required
Webcam - Select Webcam: N/A Not Required
Headset (Skype) - Select Headset: N/A Not Required
Surge Protection - Select Surge Protection: Belkin 6-Way Surge Protector TEL/FAX/MODEM 4M (12.00)
Printer - Select Printer: N/A Not Required
Office Software OEM Pre-installed - Select Office Software: N/A Not Required

I would also be wondering about if i would have to reformat the machine to install the new Windows 7 after it comes out.. or would the RC just update with a valid code?

i would be using this pc for main reasons :

Grapic art
Gaming (nessesity) -- WOW - COD4 - COD4MW2(On release ofc:)) - SIM 3 (not massive demand) this type of gaming, FPS MMO and so on.. :blink:

Also it would have to be capeable of running stable and not slow down if 50% of the 1TB gets filled...
Do you think this would be a good choice @ 678

Edited by eastonch, 15 July 2009 - 01:15 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users