Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected with System Security 2009

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gvout

gvout

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 AM

Posted 15 July 2009 - 11:38 AM

My PC got infected about a week ago. There must be different, or newer versions of this, because pretty much
anything I do does not work. Can't get into safe mode, can't install any kind of programs or tools including the
DDS Tool (so no log), can't end processes, can't go into add/delete programs, can't go into system restore to turn
it off, can't open Task Manager, I go to "Run" and type "msconfig", and the configuration utility does NOT open.
I've tried some versions of Hiren's and Ultimate Boot CDs, but nothing I can figure out seems to help. I've looked
at YouTube videos on removing System Security, but on the videos they CAN boot into safe mode, go into Task
Manager, go to System Configuration, etc. where as I CAN'T.
Is there anything else I can do? Any advise would be appreciated. I am OK with PCs, but very, very, very basic.
Please talk to me in the simplest terms.

Greg

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 15 July 2009 - 01:19 PM

Moved from HJT to a more appropriate forum. Tw

#3 golfdude

golfdude

• Members
  • 219 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2009 - 01:38 PM

Had the same thing. There are instructions in the "Spyware Removal" tab on BC. However, I couldn't get MBAM to work no matter what I did. Renamed it, changed the extension- no go. Finally got rid of it by:

(You will need to download some programs to a flash drive to do this)

Disconnect from the internet and ran the following in "Safe Mode"

1. Ran Process explorer per the instructions on BC to kill "random number exe" program.
2. Ran Root Repeal and "wiped" all files with "UAC" in the name.
3. Ran Dr. Web Curit.
4. Ran ATF Cleaner and SAS.
5. Was able to boot to nomal mode and run MBAM.
6. Updated MBAM and ran full scan.

Just that easy........

Thanks,
Golfdude

America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed. -Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936
Intel i7-3820, 32 GB DDR3-1600, Intel 330 SSD Boot Drive, WD 3TB Data Drive, Radeon HD7770 GHz Edition, Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users