Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help with XP folders

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rocks911

rocks911

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 PM

Posted 15 July 2009 - 10:45 AM

I have over 300 folders in "My Music" and the thumbnails and folders dont act consistently.

I have posted this question before and got the advice to go to Tools/Folder Options/ View/ Apply to all folders once I have selected a folder that displays like I want it to. Unfortunately it changes nothing.

I'm wanting to upload my music to my PS3 and want the album art to display correctly but I'm not going to upload until I can get it all to display correctly, because theoretically it should be easier on my computer.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Image

What is going on with these folders? Take Huey Lewis for example, there are 3 albums in the main folder each with a thumbnail but only one shows on the main folder, what is up with that. Jeff Beck folder...perfect. What is up with the James Brown folder? Not formatted at all like IO want but cant seem to do a thing about it.

What is this mess all about?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 aommaster

aommaster

I !<3 malware

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 AM

Posted 15 July 2009 - 11:54 AM

Hi!

Just want to throw this out there, but try doing the follow:
  • Right click a folder that's not behaving like it should
  • Click Properties
  • Click the Customize tab
  • At the top, change the folder type to the music-type folders

My website: http://aommaster.com
unite_blue.png
Please do not send me PM's requesting for help. The forums are there for a reason : )
If I am helping you and do not respond to your thread for 48 hours, please send me a PM

#3 rocks911

rocks911
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 PM

Posted 15 July 2009 - 12:44 PM

Uh....that didnt seem to change anything. The setting for many of the folders was "document" so I changed the folder to "Music Artist" and absolutely nothing changed. I couldn't really apply the change to all folders either.

I'm not really well versed in folder tweaking as I've never really had to be but this is driving me insane. I suppose it has to do with the various methods I've used to convert CD's over the years, different software I suppose creates different folders....maybe.

Anyways is there not some program that could make this easier?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users