Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows not reading drivers?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 melissa2036

melissa2036

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 AM

Posted 15 July 2009 - 10:03 AM

I am completely frustrated and looking for any help I can get at this point...

I have a Sony Vaio model number VGN-FS520B running with Windows XP Pro, which I had to have wiped clean due to viruses. When I got my computer back, I noticed that a lot of my devices were not working. I got most things fixed but can not get my cd/dvd (QSI CDRW/DVD SBW242C) drive or my mass storage and network controllers to work. I have went to the device manager, uninstalled them, rebooted, then reinstalled, as well as downloaded the drivers from the Sony website but nothing is working.

At this point I dont even care if I get the mass storage and network controllers back, but I NEED the cd/dvd drive to work. Sony's tech support keeps telling me to do what I have already done so I am thinking it has to be a windows error somewhere (or perhaps just a user error and I am overlooking something)???

I know the cd/dvd drive itself works because I am able to reboot from the disk (started the process to make sure it worked but didnt complete it), but once everything is up and running, there are just big yellow question marks.

Please help, thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,266 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 AM

Posted 15 July 2009 - 11:16 AM

<<When I got my computer back, I noticed that a lot of my devices were not working.>>

Sounds like a conversation is needed...with whomever did the "wipe" of the system.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users