Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

help me!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jenniferandles

jenniferandles

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 PM

Posted 09 July 2005 - 09:02 PM

i think i have a virus or adware or something.so i want to reformat my hard drive.but it wint do it for some reason.any ideas on how to get my restor cd's to work?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2005 - 09:06 PM

First, welcome to BC!
Second, reformatting your hard drive is a drastic step. Why not post about the specific malware problem you have and what steps you have already taken to get rid of it so that members can attempt to help you; then, if there is no resolution, we can guide you through the reformat process.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 jenniferandles

jenniferandles
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2005 - 09:23 PM

well i first tried the system restore and that didnt work.So i then tried the restore cd's and that didnt work either.Then my cd rom stoped working,again.it seems like some of my system functions are locked up.i went into system properties then performance then file system then to trouble shooting and unchecked disable system restore.then i click apply and close and it promps me to restart.but when i get back into windows and look it is checked again.

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2005 - 09:38 PM

This is not the forum to discuss this further. If you will reply with the Windows version you are using, I will move this thread to the appropriate forum so that other members will find it and help you.
Thanks
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users