Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Explorer.exe

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 8Bits

8Bits

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 PM

Posted 15 July 2009 - 05:15 AM

I am now currently running on safe mode with networking
When I switch to normal mode and open a program, my computer hangs.
When I open "My Computer"\External HDD (even in safe mode), it says Windows had encountered a problem and needs to close.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_SteinPooch_*

Guest_SteinPooch_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 15 July 2009 - 06:17 AM

Oh, boy. Wait, Explorer.exe closes? Okay... I would suggest a Re-Install of Windows. If you have a lot of music, or photos, just try to put them on a flash drive or something. Then just boot to the XP CD (after you get your stuff) and in the Partition setup, delete the main Partition (Usually C:.) If your computer is recent enough, it might have a recovery partition on it. If it does, highlight it with your keyboard, and hit the corrosponding key for Re-Size Partition, if there is one, and just make it fill up the entire hard drive. If you don't have a recovery partition, just dlete the main Windows one, and create a new one the size of the hard drive. And here's a third option. Get a Ubuntu CD, and install that over Windows. You won't have these STUPID problems.

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2009 - 08:40 AM

When is the last time you scanned for malware and viruses?
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 8Bits

8Bits
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 AM

Posted 16 July 2009 - 07:12 AM

I scanned for viruses the day before I wrote this post
I only face this problem when I open the External HDD.
LG External HDD -298GB
Free Space- 294GB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users