Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ghost image manipulation

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Twisted Image

Twisted Image

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 AM

Posted 15 July 2009 - 12:07 AM

I'm trying to find a simple way to mount a GHO file to a virtual drive in order to subsequently share it, as I can do with ISO files using PowerISO or a similar tool. The best I can come up with so far is sharing a folder containing GHO files, then mapping the directory and using a portable Ghost app on a flash drive on a remote machine. There's got to be a way to do this, a tool somewhere, that doesn't require the destination PC to have any special software, and doesn't require inane file conversions. Does Daemon Tools or Alcohol allow you to mount GHO files in a virtual drive for instance? And I'm loath to mount it to a virtual PC and subsequently share... in some cases there may be residual virii in the image that I don't want activated, that I can pick around when grabbing data from it. Also, using Ghost Explorer to extract the data and then sharing that folder out is certainly an option, but not one I'd like to use.

Anyone have any ideas on this? I have XP, Vista, Windows 7, Ubuntu, Xubuntu, and SBS2003 machines available for this project, so if someone has a solution that isn't XP (sorry mods), it would still be appreciated. Frankly, have available keys and media for anything but Mac, so please, help a brother out!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users