Posted 15 July 2009 - 09:23 AM
Yeah, I guess I was a little sparse on my description.
The computer is absolutely virus-infected with the Generic13.ATPH trojan. AVG detects and attempts to remove/quarantine, but then after a reboot the infection is still there. I have booted into safe mode and run AVG, which again attempts to remove/quarantine, then on re-boot into normal mode, if I start AVG, it runs fine for a few minutes, then soft-locks...the num-lock light still works, so it's not hardware, I just can't click anything and CTRL_ALT_DEL doesn't bring up the task manager.
As far as sometimes booting, sometimes, not, when I get the condition described above, I hard-reset the computer, and about 70% of the time it will come up, but it takes a very long time (8 - 12 minutes). The other 30% of the time, it just "times out" at the black screen after the Windows scrolling loader screen.
Is that information more helpful?