Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Build Check for Customized PC

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 AeroMonk

AeroMonk

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:24 AM

Posted 14 July 2009 - 07:39 PM

I'm having a computer custom built for me from a company called CyberPower PC. I will list all of the components and features that I picked out for my desktop, please tell me if you see any problems. I need to know if all of the components are compatible with each other. Any advice or insight that you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

I picked a desktop computer, called:
"Viper"

Here are the components:

CASE: CM Storm Sniper Mid-Tower Gaming Case
CASE_FAN: Extra Case Cooling Fan [+3] (3 x Fans [+6])
POWERSUPPLY: 1,000 Watts Power Supplies [+30] (Azza Gaming Active PFC Power Supply SLI/CrossFire Ready)
CPU: Intel® CoreT i7-920 2.66 GHz 8M L3 Cache LGA1366
OVERCLOCK: Extreme OC (Extreme Overclock 20% or more) [+90]
FAN: Asetek LCLC 240 Liquid Cooling system w/ 240MM Radiator and Dual Fans (Extreme Overclocking Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA)
MOTHERBOARD: (3-Way SLI Support) EVGA X58 3X SLI Intel X58 Chipset SLI/CrossFireX Mainboard Triple-Channel DDR3/1600 SATA RAID w/ eSATA, Dual GbLAN, USB2.0, Dual IEEE1394 & 7.1Audio [+68]
MEMORY: 6GB (2GBx3) DDR3/1600MHz Triple Channel Memory Module (Kingston HyperX [+63])
FREEBIE_RM: FREE! 4GB USB Pen Drive
VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX295 1.7GB 16X PCIe Video Card [+350] (EVGA Powered by NVIDIA [+5])
VC_GAMES: FREE GAME - Battle Stations ** Pacific **
MULTIVIEW: Xtreme Performance in SLI/CrossFireX Gaming Mode Supports Single Monitor
MONITOR: 19" TFT Active Matrix LCD Display [+138] (ViewSonic VG1930WM SXGA+ 1440x900 [+89])
HDD: Single Hard Drive (500GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD [-22])
CD: Sony 20X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive [+2] (BLACK COLOR)
CD2: Sony 20X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive [+32] (BLACK COLOR)
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
SPEAKERS: 120 Watt Stereo Speakers [+10] (Black Color)
NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
KEYBOARD: Logitech Deluxe 250 USB Keyboard (Black Color) [+2]
MOUSE: XtremeGear Optical USB 3 Buttons Gaming Mouse
TEMP: Xion XON-MTR001B Color LCD Thermal Control Panel Display [+28]
WNC: Linksys WMP110 802.11 b/g/n Range Plus PCI Wireless Adapter Network Card [+66]
WAP: Linksys WRT160N Ultra RangePlus Wireless-N Broadband Router [+83]
FLASHMEDIA: INTERNAL 12in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer (BLACK COLOR)
HEADSET: Logitech Extreme PC Gaming Headset [+14]
USB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
OS: Microsoft® Windows VistaT Home Premium w/ Service Pack 1 (64-bit Edition)
FREEBIE_OS: FREE! (Halo 2) Game
CARE1: Ultra Enhanced Packaging Solution [+19]
CARE2: Professional Wiring for All WIRING Inside The System Chasis with High Perormance Thermal Compound [+19]
SERVICE: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
RUSH: NO; READY TO SHIP IN 5~10 BUSINESS DAYS

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 AM

Posted 14 July 2009 - 09:32 PM

If you know how to build a PC yourself you will save money. That said, I'm not very familiar with Cyberpower, but as boutique brands go I prefer Maingear Computers. Most boutique builders worth anything test various configurations to ensure interoperability. The computer looks fine but check to see if they are offering a Windows 7 upgrade program. Other than that, it seems to be a fine mid-range PC.

3939.png

#3 jryan32

jryan32

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2009 - 10:52 AM

They probably wouldn't build something for you with incompatibile equipment. At least, they'd figure it out eventually. The best thing to do if you're wondering about compatibility is to check the motherboard manufacturers website and look up your board, then check components you are worried about. IE: Processor, Video and Card and RAM (Make sure it can use DDR3 ram, I mean, and can support that amount). Most of the other components like the SATA hookups for the hard drive are usually on the modern boards anyway and aren't a problem.

#4 eastonch

eastonch

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 PM

Posted 15 July 2009 - 04:10 PM

Sounds ok but if you are a waiter, do this

Instead of buying Vista, ask for no OS to be preinstalled and install the RC of WIndows 7 which they may put on if u ask

then buy a Home premium win 7 from PCworld for 50£! but u have to order now or else itll go up in price.

then when the day win7 comes out u can insta upgrade to the full oficial version.

#5 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2009 - 04:32 PM

You used British Pounds, not dollars whereas the OP is in the U.S. Many retailers will not ship software outside a territory due to customs restrictions or limitations put in place by the developer. The special $50 Windows 7 promotion that many retailers in the United States are running ends soon and is for upgrade editions only. The upgrade editions will check to see if a licensed and activated copy of Vista was installed before being installed. Of course, the loophole that was in the Vista upgrade path probably still exists...

3939.png

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,124 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 AM

Posted 15 July 2009 - 05:05 PM

I saw 3 days ago...(at the Win 7 site) that Saturday was the last day for the promo (it could have changed) and that XP users now are in the upgrade path.

The "big difference" is that XP users must do a clean install, rather than install over XP.

The heartbreak of psoriasis :blink:!!

http://windows7news.com/2009/02/04/windows...rade-confirmed/

I know that the original info at the Win 7 website indicated that the upgrade only was available to Vista users...but that was in error.

Today's version of the announcement I linked via email: http://store.microsoft.com/microsoft/Windo...roduct/B0F9E641

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users