Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet stops working if used too much...HELP!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Dr. Joe

Dr. Joe

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:01 PM

Posted 14 July 2009 - 07:28 PM

SO heres the deal. For the last year or 2 anytime I download a large file (non illegally) or when I try to play online games and use the internet at the same time, the internet just cuts off and I constantly have to unplug the router and modem and wait for it to boot up and then the internet works again. Im not really sure why its doing this. This never used to happen and now it happens at least 20 times a day. I have a comcast cable modem and a netgear router. I tried getting a new modem but it didnt solve the problem so I assume its the router. Any ideas? Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gareth_f

gareth_f

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 PM

Posted 15 July 2009 - 01:38 AM

I would try bypassing the router and plugging your pc directly into the modem and see if the problem persists. :thumbsup:

#3 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 PM

Posted 15 July 2009 - 03:14 AM

Bypassing the router would be a good step. When it stops, do the lights go out on the modem or router? I assume you have talked to your ISP? If not give them a call.....they can see all the way to your modem. See if you can get it to repeat the issue with them on the phone and they should be able to see if it is on their network or yours.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users