Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nvidia 5500 GTX PCI Vs ATi 3300 IGP

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sonicjet

sonicjet

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 PM

Posted 14 July 2009 - 07:02 PM

I Am building an computor for my church and I have both the Nvidia GeForce 5500 GTX 128Mb card on hand and the ATi Radeon HD 3300 is already on the board: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16813186168
Here is my question,which card is better for very high resolution video and slideshow work?
Also another PC in my house has an IGP Nvidia 8300 GS,how do these stand up to that?

Edited by sonicjet, 14 July 2009 - 07:37 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 PM

Posted 14 July 2009 - 08:36 PM

I'm not trying to ba a smart alec but there is a simple way ti find out which is best for the intended use.
Try the onboard video.
Then install the video card
If the onbosrd video worked better uninstall the card .
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

#3 sonicjet

sonicjet
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 PM

Posted 14 July 2009 - 09:24 PM

I'm not trying to ba a smart alec but there is a simple way ti find out which is best for the intended use.
Try the onboard video.
Then install the video card
If the onbosrd video worked better uninstall the card .

Ha,yeah,the parts are shipping and I was trying to find out if I would have to barrow the 5500 GTX from church tomorrow,(Don't ask how they got it. lol)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users