Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Licence For Windows 7

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 madang

madang

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 AM

Posted 14 July 2009 - 05:54 PM

This coming October, I want to upgrade my OS from Vista Home Premium to Windows 7. But I'm still in doubt about the legality regarding the licence for Windows 7. Are the genuine users of Vista be given a valid licence of W7?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mysterysgames

Mysterysgames

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 PM

Posted 14 July 2009 - 07:25 PM

There is no general answer to this as it depends on different factors (e.g. date of purchase of your Vista, your manufacturer etc.). This is what Microsoft says officially about this "Windows 7 Upgrade Option":

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/buy/offers/upgrade.aspx

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/buy/offers/upgrade-faq.aspx

Edited by Mysterysgames, 14 July 2009 - 07:27 PM.

#3 bandaid1968

bandaid1968

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 PM

Posted 15 July 2009 - 07:38 AM

i would imagine every os be it an upgrade or oem will have a product key for you enter upon installation just like all previous os's and you will have to activate it just like in the past microsoft will provide you with that product key if that is what you are asking.

Edited by bandaid1968, 15 July 2009 - 07:38 AM.

#4 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 PM

Posted 15 July 2009 - 02:02 PM

@madang, maybe I am misunderstanding your question, but are you under the impression that you will be able to upgrade from Vista to Windows 7 for free? That only applies if you are wanting to buy a computer now. Check the links from Mysterygames. They explain it perfectly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users