Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Overclick.cn Malware -- HELP!!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 wtr75

wtr75

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 PM

Posted 14 July 2009 - 05:30 PM

I am not sure how, but my computer has contracted the most agravating virus/malware/etc. called overclick.cn. It creates a problem whenever I do a google or yahoo search. Instead of being able to go to the site of choice, I am sent to another site. The name overclick.cn is the one thing that I've noticed on the bottom of IE whenever it is being referred to the site.

I've tried everything that I know: Malwarebyte scan, ABV scan, Microsoft Malware tool scan, online scans with Trend Micro, Norton, and McAfee - nothing works.

Does anyone have thoughts or now what I can do to correct the problem?

Thanks very much.

:thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users