Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Extremely nasty bug on Vista machine

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 shart4legged

shart4legged

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 PM

Posted 14 July 2009 - 04:48 PM

O.K. folks I need a little help here. My friends' Dell Dimension E521 running Vista Home Premium has contracted something nasty. The symptoms are: No Internet connectivity, (wireless lan) Windows Firewall turned off and cannot be turned back on, even manually, DVD R/W will play audio disks through windows media player but won't recognize a data disk such as the Dell driver disk or the install disk for the wlan adapter. Auto Play/Windows Explorer won' respond.
Things I have done: Scanned with MBam with no results but I couldn't update before the scan due to lack of internet connectivity. Scanned with AVG 8.5 free which automatically updates itself daily. Found two Items although it didn't name them. (1) C:\ System Volume Information_ restore {129201FA-BOAC-49B3-96B2-DEB8B91E727B}\RP97\A0033401.dll
(2) C:\ Windows \Installer\$Patch Cache$\Managed\9040AC1900063D11C8EF100540383839C\11.0.5614\PTXT9. AVG informed that these files could not be removed through normal methods , did I want to remove them as a power user ? I clicked yes and forced the removal and then ran Avg again. The scan came up clean but functionality has not been restored the computer. In an effort to restore Internet connectivity I ran a hard wire to the computer from the router hoping to bypass the wlan but the connection wizard says it cannot continue and must shut down. C:\ Windows\System32\Connect.dll Error oX80070EBA. I have tried two different restore points as well as last known good configuration in safe mode to no avail. I am running out of ideas and altitude at the the same time,a crash is imminent! Any and All suggestions will be appreciated!

Thanx in advance
Steve

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users