Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

malware wont run

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cattch08

cattch08

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 PM

Posted 14 July 2009 - 04:12 PM

Hi hope someone can help. I am in safe mode as this is the only way i can get on the net. I downloaded a fake codec and got infected now i can not run internet explorer or any spyware/malware to detect it,i have tried running malware from the net but wont let me open its as if it knows what im doing.I even downloaded malwarebytes to memory stick then loaded it but still wont run.When im in normal mode i can open maybe one item then the computer freezes.Dont want to reformatt if possible but ive been told thats the only solution can any of you clued up cookies help. Allison

im on win xp

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Computer Pro

Computer Pro

• Members
  • 2,448 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 PM

Posted 15 July 2009 - 10:57 PM

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer.

Please subscribe to your topic so that you will be notified as soon as I post a reply, instead of you having to check the topic all of the time. This will allow you to get an email notification when I reply.

To subscribe, go to your topic, and at the top right hand corner by your first post, click the Options button and then click Track this topic. The bullet the immediate notification bubble. Then press submit.

Please try this to see if we can get Malwarebytes to run. Otherwise, let me know if it doesnt work, and we can try some other scanners.

If Malwarebytes won't install or run

Some types of malware will disable MBAM and other security tools. If MBAM will not install, try renaming it. Right-click on the mbam-setup.exe file and change the .exe extension to .bat, .com, .pif, or .scr and then double-click on it to run.

If after installation, MBAM will not run, open the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware folder in Program Files, right-click on mbam.exe and change the .exe as noted above. Then double-click on it to run.
Computer Pro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users