Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Screen/mouse selection Scrolling up

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 sifar786

sifar786

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 PM

Posted 14 July 2009 - 01:52 PM

Hi,

I dont know how to explain this in writing, but will try my best.

I started getting this problem recently when i mistakenly visited a warez site for a serial number. I have tried the latest Avira & AVG internet security, and some online scanners but did not do me any good.

Firstly, i cannot use the up-arrow key to make the cursor move up. The other keys are working fine i.e. left key, right key, down key, page up, page down, home & End key work. I have to click with the mouse to move up.

Secondly, while typing in any textbox or text editor, suddenly the cursor moves to the starting point of the line.

While opening a webpage in Firefox or IE or Safari, The page keeps scrolling to the top. If i try to scroll down, it again moves up.

If i click on any menu in any application, the selection in the menu list (highlighted text in menu list) keeps on scrolling up.

I havent been able to detect any virus as yet, however sometimes i cud see some *._tmp file load in taskmanager's process tab n then dissapear. Now dont see it though this is still happening.

And the worst is the scrolling in webpage or Windows explorer or any window stops after some time. Its very erratic. Someone told me to post a HijackThis dump here. Need some help!
------------------------------------------------------------------
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 12:08:18 AM, on 7/15/2009
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.20733)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Update\1.2.183.7\GoogleCrashHandler.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\DU Meter\DUMeter.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\DU Meter\DUMeterSvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetsrv\inetinfo.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\mdm.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10.SQLEXPRESS\MSSQL\Binn\sqlservr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\tcpsvcs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\snmp.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Shared\sqlwriter.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\mqsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\mqtgsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox 3.5\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = about:blank
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = about:blank
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {CCC7A320-B3CA-4199-B1A6-9F516DD69829} - (no file)
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DU Meter] C:\Program Files\DU Meter\DUMeter.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\RunOnce: [ShowDeskFix] regsvr32 /s /n /i:u shell32 (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\RunOnce: [nltide_3] rundll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSectionEx nLite.inf,C,,4,N (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\RunOnce: [ShowDeskFix] regsvr32 /s /n /i:u shell32 (User 'Default user')
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - C:\WINDOWS\bdoscandel.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Uninstall BitDefender Online Scanner - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - C:\WINDOWS\bdoscandel.exe
O16 - DPF: {5D86DDB5-BDF9-441B-9E9E-D4730F4EE499} (BDSCANONLINE Control) - http://download.bitdefender.com/resources/...can8/oscan8.cab
O23 - Service: Acronis Scheduler2 Service (AcrSch2Svc) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2\schedul2.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: DU Meter Service (DUMeterSvc) - Hagel Technologies Ltd - C:\Program Files\DU Meter\DUMeterSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Google Update Service (gupdate1c9ae00bcb47210) (gupdate1c9ae00bcb47210) - Google Inc. - C:\Program Files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
O23 - Service: Google Software Updater (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: Java Quick Starter (JavaQuickStarterService) - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
O23 - Service: wampapache - Apache Software Foundation - c:\wamp\bin\apache\apache2.2.11\bin\httpd.exe
O23 - Service: wampmysqld - Unknown owner - c:\wamp\bin\mysql\mysql5.1.36\bin\mysqld.exe

--
End of file - 3195 bytes

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sifar786

sifar786
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2009 - 02:06 AM

Hi,

Forgot to inform one last thing...this usually happens on Windows startup.
When The computer boots, and when u press DEL key to enter into BIOS, you get a list of options. You generally use the arrow keys to make a selection. But However, when i press Delete, the selections are highlighted one after the other from BOTTOM to TOP, as if scrolling backwards.

Also when you press F8 key, you get the black screen to select operating system. On this screen the highlighted text scrolls up/down continuously. Since i have only one operating system, i never got this screen before. Now i have to choose with arrow key or press Enter Key inorder to start WindowsXP. Once i get the Startmenu n desktop loaded, it again starts scrolling from bottom to top and its therefore difficult to double-click on any icon on desktop.

Hope this helps!

Regards.

Edited by sifar786, 15 July 2009 - 03:51 AM.

#3 sifar786

sifar786
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2009 - 01:19 PM

Hi all,

Just so that anyone reading this post wants to know the answer....found it was a faulty keyboard....changed the keyboard, and the scrolling stopped....

:thumbup2:

#4 teacup61

teacup61

Bleepin' Texan!

• Malware Response Team
  • 17,075 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 AM

Posted 17 July 2009 - 06:12 PM

Thanks for letting us know. :thumbup2:

Since this issue appears resolved ... this Topic is closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending the moderating team a PM with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
Please make a donation so I can keep helping people just like you.
Every little bit helps! :)
You can even use your credit card! Thank you!

Posted Image

Error reading poptart in Drive A: Delete kids y/n?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users