Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Im sure i have a virus Please help!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 eclipse012

eclipse012

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 AM

Posted 14 July 2009 - 10:52 AM

I have a Dell Inspiron lap top computer that is having very strange problems. Yesterday i was on the internet and all of a sudden from one forum i had a pop up come up with a anti virus scan system saying that my computer was infected with over a hundred trojans. I noticed that in the bottom right hand corner of my windows tool bar that the anti virus symbol that poped up was really dated looking and choppy. So i know its not my anti virus. It kept on making internet popups come up and kept asking my to install some anti virus program quickly. So i ignored it and kept closing it. I tried to run my super spyware remover and i keep getting a error message comming up that it can't open and error occurred. So then i tried windows defender to do a full system scan and it wont let me complete the scan it has the same error come up but the errors have no codes? Eventualy after trying to restart my computer a few times still the same problem is threre. The other thing is that i cant use the internet. I can go to my msn homepage or google's home search page but i can not actually search. the next page will not load. So im a bit stumped on how to gt rid of this. I do not want to reformat my computer since i don't want to lose anything i have saved to my hard drive. Also i am on another computer right now. My dell lap top that is infected has windows vista.

Thanks,

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 golfdude

golfdude

• Members
  • 219 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 AM

Posted 14 July 2009 - 12:09 PM

Eclipse012,

Welcome to Bleeping Computer. I am not sure why one of the staff members hasn't gotten to your post yet? However, there seems to be a pandemic of rogue security viruses running rampant right now. I am in the middle of cleaning a friends computer that has System Security 2009 and it is proving very difficult to remove.

Until you get some help from one of the staff members (and to save some time) you might want to do the following:

1. Download Malwarebytes Antimalware on to a flash drive from another computer. Make sure you download Version 1.39 and at least Database version 2425. http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php Be prepared to rename the file to something else to get it to work. Try winlogon.pdf.

2. I would also download Root Repeal (http://rootrepeal.googlepages.com/), especially if you are traveling from two locations while trying to rid the computer of the virus. I couldn't get MBAM to start and noticed on another thread today using Root Repeal to resolve this issue. I am going to do this when I get back over to my friends house.

3. I would also download Process Explorer and have it on the flash drive. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb896653.aspx This stopped the System Security process, but I still couldn't get MBAM to run.

The computer I am working on can not be started in normal mode. I can get to safe mode with networking, but it blocks and redirects most of the websites I have been trying to get to.

Good luck and I am sure you will get "professional" help soon.

Thanks,
Golfdude

America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed. -Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936
Intel i7-3820, 32 GB DDR3-1600, Intel 330 SSD Boot Drive, WD 3TB Data Drive, Radeon HD7770 GHz Edition, Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users