Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Frozen on desktop on startup, start bar not working, IE windows popping up on their own!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Pineapples53

Pineapples53

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:05 AM

Posted 14 July 2009 - 10:45 AM

So as I tried to make clear in the headline, when I start my compy up it gets along fine until the desktop. The icons load, but clicking on them does nothing. When I mouse over the start bar, the icon turns into an hourglass and I can't open the start menu. I used the task manager to open firefox and have been using that to run things, but now Windows Internet Explorer windows keep popping up. I force quit explorer and now I have no icons or startbar, oops. I assume those will come back upon restart, but how do I get my computer running back to normal? This occurred after a power blackout. Am considering running to Best Buy and getting a new hard drive today, unless one of you knows how to fix this?

Thank you!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 14 July 2009 - 05:28 PM

Moved from XP to a more appropriate forum. Tw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users