Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Network card and graphics card conflict?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 m001

m001

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 PM

Posted 14 July 2009 - 09:58 AM

Hello!
I have a problem.
The situation is:
I have an old pc with an Nvidia mx460 graphics card everithing working fine... but when i install my network card the monitor won't turn on enymore (tested on 2 pc)
so my question is, whats the prob? ok ok i know the problem is with the network card but how the graphics card stop working because of that?
may the net card cause some "system check error" or what?

thanx

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2009 - 05:26 PM

You said you tested it in two pc's so the second one was having the same problem or not?
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#3 techextreme

techextreme

Bleepin Tech

• BC Advisor
  • 2,125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 PM

Posted 15 July 2009 - 08:33 PM

It's very possible that the network card that you have tried is shorted in the board and you cannot see it with the naked eye.

This does happen on occasion and for the cost of most "cheap but good" network cards, I would cut my losses and purchase a new one.

Hope this helps,

Techextreme

"Admire those who attempt great things, even though they fail."

-- Seneca

#4 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2009 - 10:43 PM

Have you tried the network card in a different slot ?
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users