Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows XP faxing

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 devarajan53

devarajan53

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 PM

Posted 14 July 2009 - 07:14 AM

I am trying to set up faxing through Windows XP. When I go to Acccessaries-communication-fax, I see it is empty. I am not seeing the fax console. How to download the necessary file and where from to download, this windows xp fax console file and how to install the same?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 joseibarra

joseibarra

• Members
  • 1,019 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 AM

Posted 14 July 2009 - 07:32 AM

Fax is an optional component, so first make sure it is installed (at least double check).

Click Start, Settings, Control Panel, Add or Remove Programs, Add/Remove Windows Components - make sure Fax Services is checked, or choose to add it and continue with your XP installation CD handy if asked to supply it.

If you click Start, Programs, Accessories, Communications, do you see Fax offered?

There should be 3 options under Fax and one is for the Fax Console - is the Fax Console missing or present and if present does it just not bringing up the Fax Console when you choose it?

The Fax Console menu item is just another shortcut to a program, so now you need to determine if your menu shortcut is the problem or the program itself (FxsClnt.exe) is broken or missing by trying to run it manually.

Click Start, Run and copy/paste the following or enter by hand:

%SystemRoot%\system32\FxsClnt.exe /new

Click OK.

Does that bring up the Fax Console? It should if the program in installed.

The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users