Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook sends invisible messages?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Dirkk

Dirkk

• Members
  • 274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 PM

Posted 14 July 2009 - 04:37 AM

A few weeks ago, when I started Outlook without connecting to the Internet, I randomly saw again displaying near "Transmitting" in the status bar of Outlook, "Sending 14 e-mails", which I hadn't composed, the next time starting Outlook a minute later or so, 15 e-mails are displayed to be sent. I am the only person using the PC.

After having done some measures to avoid this with kindly help of "The Panda" - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/231774/e-mails-sent-by-trojan-how-to-stop-find-the-program-doing-it-see-its-content/ - I chanced to see it again in the status bar some days ago: there are still invisible messages sent from Outlook, respectively it is displayed.

Might there be a bug in Outlook doing something like that? I have read of such a bug doing something like that, but concerning IMAP only (I only have pop accounts). And these message being sent by the bug you can find / make visible with a program like SpyOutlook or another program from Microsoft as far as I know.

Would it be possible to catch such messages? Or to find out their contents, their destination?

Nice greetings, Dirk

Windows 10 Home, 64bit

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users