Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ati x600 problems

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 fibrs

fibrs

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 PM

Posted 09 July 2005 - 11:28 AM

Ive built a new computer for a friend and im haveing some trouble.

alot of the graphics are screwed up. The windows looding screen has funny vertical lines through it. the buttons in many programs have blue dots in them. the installers for drivers have splotches of black dots in rows scattered about them. When playing hitman 2 (the only game i had to try with it) everything has zigzag holes in them; like the characters, walls, and objects. One can see right through the zigzags. Ive tried reloading the newest drivers, and installing service pack 1.

here's the system.
Biostar NF4UL-A9 board w/ Nvidia NF4-ultra chipset
Athlon 64 3000 2.0 Ghz
Diamond ViperX X600pro 256mb PCI-E
Windows XP pro w/ SP1 (clean install)
...the other usual stuff.

any help will be most appreciated.

-fibrs

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 efizzer

efizzer

• Members
  • 360 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 PM

Posted 09 July 2005 - 12:12 PM

Ok, 3 things...

1) This may sound weird, but check to see if your Power Supply is big enough, you may not be getting enough power if you have a 350 or lower PS.

2) Could be a manky vid card... if you can try testing it on another system.

3) Is the Monitor ok?
Posted Image

We're going to make the merry-go-round go faster, so everyone needs to hang on tighter-just to keep from being thrown to the wolves.

#3 fibrs

fibrs
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2005 - 12:42 PM

thanks effizer,

well the PS is 420W, and the monitor worked fine on the old system (geforce 5500), i even tried another monitor with no difference.

im starting to think that the video card is just shanked. im going to just call newegg and return it and get one from another company.

-fibrs

#4 junkdk

junkdk

• Members
  • 345 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2005 - 10:46 PM

Most likely your vid card is ok.

I had the same problem recently on my main gamer computer.

I downloaded the recent driver, restarted, and all of a sudden I got bleep!

Go to ATI and download a older version of drivers, restart, and go from there.

ATI drivers are finicky.

Also, only update or upgrade one at a time. A lot of CPU's decide certain files are not needed but are.

Let us know,

junkdk :thumbsup:
Your Hardware Guide.

#5 legoman786

legoman786

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 PM

Posted 11 July 2005 - 10:59 AM

u can also go to Omega Drivers, he has the best updated drivers around! for free! i got it for my GeForce4 MX420 64mb, alot more efficient than the ones that nVidia had for d/l-ing. i also got a 30fps increase in Need for Speed: Underground 2!! ditch the ones that come from the company and get your drivers from omega drivers. thats my opinion, but the 30fps increase is a fact.

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rick Cook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users