Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help On Building A Comp

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 KrayzieJackson

KrayzieJackson

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 AM

Posted 13 July 2009 - 10:38 PM

Im new to this board just to let yall no but any way i was wondering if someone could help me build a pc AMD OR INTEL doesnt matter im a gamer so imma need top of the line stuff i already got a case just need the guts of the computer o one thing that i do want is ballistix Memory with led's at least 8gb of ram and thats about it just whateva yall can come up with then let me no the links please thanxs :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 AM

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:43 PM

Well, you've listed no budget so the PC can be extremely expensive. The case you have should be a full-ATX case to allow for the large, high-performance graphics cards to be installed. Also, RAM is largely identical so purchasing a specific brand and model is often unnecessary. Crucial's Ballistix may not be available at a high speed for your motherboard. There are exceptions to this, however and only brands from trustworthy companies (Crucial, Corsair, Patriot, Kingston, OCZ, G.SKILL) should be used. Here's a suggestion:

Case: You already have one!

Motherboard: ASUS M4A79T Deluxe AM3 DDR3 AMD 790FX ATX AMD Motherboard - This motherboard supports the latest AMD processors and will allow for Crossfire. $179

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz - This is AMD's top-of-the-line flagship processor based on the new and more efficient Phenom II design. It's not as fast as an i7 950 processor but costs about half and still has excellent performance for its price point. This is a Black Edition processor, so it has the multiplier unlocked for easy overclocking. $215

Graphics Card: XFX HD-487A-CDF9 Radeon HD 4870 X2 2GB 512-bit GDDR5 - This is two HD 4870's sandwiched together into one package. This gives you an automatic Crossfire setup with only one PCI-Express slot filled. If you have really deep pockets, go crazy and get two of them for a quad Crossfire setup. $369 (Before $10 mail-in rebate)

Power Supply: CORSAIR CMPSU-1000HX 1000W - This is an excellent power supply by a good company. For just a single graphics card, this is overkill but if you go with a Crossfire setup containing two or more cards, you will already have the necessary power. $239 (Before $20 mail-in rebate)

RAM: Patriot Extreme Performance 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 - You will need to purchase two of these kits to get 8GB. I couldn't find Crucial Ballistix RAM kits for the rated speed and capacity of these. Well, actually I could but you would have to purchase each 2GB stick separately for the price of about $50 to $60 per stick, or $200 to $240 to reach 8GB. If you want to spend the extra cash, you can find the one with red LED's here. I don't think the increased price is worth it for LED's. Patriot is a good company and their memory comes highly reviewed. Remember, you need a 64-bit OS to use 4GB or more of RAM. $75 ($149 for two kits)

Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Black WD5001AALS 500GB - A good drive from a good company. $70

Optical Drive: Sony Optiarc 24X DVD/CD Rewritable Drive Black SATA Model AD-7240S-0B - This will read and write to most optical media. $31

Operating System: Here is where things get a little tricky. You can purchase Windows Vista now with a free Windows 7 upgrade coupon. Or, you can download Windows 7 RC and purchase Windows 7 sometime before March 2010. If you want to purchase Vista, the coupon will be used to get a copy of 7 when it is released and you will simply upgrade to that at no charge. If you want to download the release candidate, you have until August to do so but you have to purchase Windows 7 sometime before March or it will expire on you. Either way, you're stuck paying for Windows, the only difference is when. If you want to purchase Windows Vista and get the coupon, here is the link. If you want to download the release candidate of Windows 7 and purchase the operating system at a later date, here is the link.

Total Cost: $1,366 (Before rebates, includes two RAM kits, and the $109 for Windows Vista)

Edited by DJBPace07, 13 July 2009 - 11:48 PM.

3939.png

#3 KrayzieJackson

KrayzieJackson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 AM

Posted 14 July 2009 - 12:17 AM

Well, you've listed no budget so the PC can be extremely expensive. The case you have should be a full-ATX case to allow for the large, high-performance graphics cards to be installed. Also, RAM is largely identical so purchasing a specific brand and model is often unnecessary. Crucial's Ballistix may not be available at a high speed for your motherboard. There are exceptions to this, however and only brands from trustworthy companies (Crucial, Corsair, Patriot, Kingston, OCZ, G.SKILL) should be used. Here's a suggestion:

Case: You already have one!

Motherboard: ASUS M4A79T Deluxe AM3 DDR3 AMD 790FX ATX AMD Motherboard - This motherboard supports the latest AMD processors and will allow for Crossfire. $179

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz - This is AMD's top-of-the-line flagship processor based on the new and more efficient Phenom II design. It's not as fast as an i7 950 processor but costs about half and still has excellent performance for its price point. This is a Black Edition processor, so it has the multiplier unlocked for easy overclocking. $215

Graphics Card: XFX HD-487A-CDF9 Radeon HD 4870 X2 2GB 512-bit GDDR5 - This is two HD 4870's sandwiched together into one package. This gives you an automatic Crossfire setup with only one PCI-Express slot filled. If you have really deep pockets, go crazy and get two of them for a quad Crossfire setup. $369 (Before $10 mail-in rebate)

Power Supply: CORSAIR CMPSU-1000HX 1000W - This is an excellent power supply by a good company. For just a single graphics card, this is overkill but if you go with a Crossfire setup containing two or more cards, you will already have the necessary power. $239 (Before $20 mail-in rebate)

RAM: Patriot Extreme Performance 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 - You will need to purchase two of these kits to get 8GB. I couldn't find Crucial Ballistix RAM kits for the rated speed and capacity of these. Well, actually I could but you would have to purchase each 2GB stick separately for the price of about $50 to $60 per stick, or $200 to $240 to reach 8GB. If you want to spend the extra cash, you can find the one with red LED's here. I don't think the increased price is worth it for LED's. Patriot is a good company and their memory comes highly reviewed. Remember, you need a 64-bit OS to use 4GB or more of RAM. $75 ($149 for two kits)

Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Black WD5001AALS 500GB - A good drive from a good company. $70

Optical Drive: Sony Optiarc 24X DVD/CD Rewritable Drive Black SATA Model AD-7240S-0B - This will read and write to most optical media. $31

Operating System: Here is where things get a little tricky. You can purchase Windows Vista now with a free Windows 7 upgrade coupon. Or, you can download Windows 7 RC and purchase Windows 7 sometime before March 2010. If you want to purchase Vista, the coupon will be used to get a copy of 7 when it is released and you will simply upgrade to that at no charge. If you want to download the release candidate, you have until August to do so but you have to purchase Windows 7 sometime before March or it will expire on you. Either way, you're stuck paying for Windows, the only difference is when. If you want to purchase Windows Vista and get the coupon, here is the link. If you want to download the release candidate of Windows 7 and purchase the operating system at a later date, here is the link.

Total Cost: $1,366 (Before rebates, includes two RAM kits, and the $109 for Windows Vista)

Ok I Got Three Different Builds From Other Site's And Your's Looks The Most Promising One So Im Going With Your's Thank You Very Much :thumbsup:

KrayzieJackson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users