Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows media audio V2

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Vay

Vay

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:14 AM

Posted 13 July 2009 - 06:42 PM

i downloaded a movie which is for DivX.

I play it and there is no sound and before the video begins there is a window that pops out that says in bold "you may need an additional audio decoder to play the soundtrack on this file.

and then the not bold words below the bold words: "this file contains an audio track unknown in format. You may need to install directshow decoder for this audio format in order to hear the soundtrack of this file"

i downloaded it once (honestly i had no idea what i was downloading since i just searched directshow decoder on google and downloaded one that has its name on it.) but it didn't work so i deleted it, btw was the movie suppose to have sounds automatically after downloading decoder or do i need to do something?

i searched other things on google that might help but none of them made any noise for the movie.

so can someone help me make with this window media audio v2 thing?

Edited by Vay, 13 July 2009 - 06:43 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mysterysgames

Mysterysgames

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 PM

Posted 16 July 2009 - 05:44 AM

You might want to try the K-Lite Codec Pack :thumbsup:
http://www.codecguide.com/about_kl.htm

0 user(s) are reading this topic