Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System opinions with pics included ;]

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 munchies

munchies

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 AM

Posted 13 July 2009 - 04:32 PM

Hey all, I wanted your expert opinions on the following system below, it would be greatly appreciated and thank you to all who give comments :thumbsup: Even if its general comments it will still be helpful! Just whatever you want to say about it okie :D!! however, please dont say stuff like "get intel" etc because as you can see ... I have opted for AMD

Please Note: I maybe getting 6GM memory, my HDD well... I dont need much space thats why it is only 320 GB (for now) and the DVD RW drive is standard hehe :huh:

Case: Coolermaster Storm Scout Mid Tower Black Case [5 fans in the case] [Picture here]
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P, AMD 790X, AM3, PCI-E 2.0 (x16), DDR3 1666(OC), SATA 3Gb/s, SATA RAID, ATX [Picture here]
Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 955 BlackEdition, Sok AM3, 3.2GHz, 8MB Total Cache, 125W [Picture here]
Memory: 4GB (2x2GB) CorsairTwinX XMS3, DDR3 PC3-10666 (1333) 240 Pin, Non-ECC Unbuffered, CAS 9-9-9-24 [Picture here]
Power supply: 750W Silverstone ST75F Modular, SLi Quad +12V rail, 6X PCI-E, ATX 12V 2.2 & EPS12V, 80%+ Eff, Silent [Picture here]
DVD RW drive: LG 22x DVD±R, 12x DVD±DL, DVD+RW x8/-RW x6, DVD-RAM x12
Hard disk drive: 320 GB Samsung HD322HJ Spinpoint F1, SATA 3Gb/s, 7200rpm, 16MB Cache, 8.9 ms [Picture here]
Video card: EAH4870 DK/HTDI/1GD5 - 1GB Asus HD 4870, PCI-E 2.0(x16), 3600MHz GDDR5, GPU 750MHz, 800 Cores, HDTV/ 2x DL DVI-I, HDCP [Picture here]
CPU cooler: None at the moment... The case has 1 X 140mm fan and 4 X 120mm fan
Monitor: Hmmm erm Dell 20 inch its nice
Keyboard: Some Saitek one with some cool red lights heheh
Mouse: Sharkoon FireGlider Laser Mouse (6 buttons) [Picture here]

Operating System: Windows Vista Home Prem' (64 Bit)

Edited by munchies, 13 July 2009 - 05:56 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 PM

Posted 14 July 2009 - 12:07 AM

Looks good. For a video card, I would go for an HD 4890 as it is a newer, updated version of the HD 4870. You also don't need a CPU cooler as one is included with the CPU. However, if you plan on overclocking the CPU, an aftermarket CPU cooler is suggested. I see you have the Saitek keyboard, I have one too, though mine has blue lights!

3939.png

#3 munchies

munchies
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 AM

Posted 14 July 2009 - 09:37 AM

Looks good. For a video card, I would go for an HD 4890 as it is a newer, updated version of the HD 4870. You also don't need a CPU cooler as one is included with the CPU. However, if you plan on overclocking the CPU, an aftermarket CPU cooler is suggested. I see you have the Saitek keyboard, I have one too, though mine has blue lights!

Hehe thanks :thumbsup: yeah my keyboard has red lights, the above is actualy my system that I built 2 weeks back, wanted all your opinions on it :huh: Thank you very much anyway :D

The actualy system I have will outpaste a PS3 and Xbox, I get between 400 and 700 FPS on it (COD4), the graphics are amazing too! Smooth gameplay So I would reccomend an ASUS GFX Card to all ;D

Edited by munchies, 14 July 2009 - 09:55 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users