Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop LCD Display Problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 iplay_1

iplay_1

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 PM

Posted 13 July 2009 - 03:07 PM

For the past 2 weeks I have been getting a display like this on my laptop and I dont know what could have caused it. It happened all of a sudden. The crazy thing is it goes away after a while, although it takes quite a while. I cant play any videos while the screen is like this though since the computer freezes or crashes with a system parity error? Saying I should contact my hardware vendor. I've tried playing youtube when its like this and it works and the display usually loses the barcode like lines faster I feel when I leave youtube on to I dont know warm it up I guess? Could someone please help me out, I dont have a tv or any cables with which I could plug it into another tv to see if its hardware or software since I'm travelling. But what do you guys think just from what I've told you and the pictures? Is it a virus maybe?

http://img217.imageshack.us/i/dsc01166e.jpg/

http://img216.imageshack.us/i/dsc01168m.jpg/

FYI I have a dell latitude D620 and its never done this before and I havent dropped it or anything.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gareth_f

gareth_f

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 PM

Posted 15 July 2009 - 01:29 AM

I think can tell if it is a software or virus problem by taking a printscreen. If your screen shows up fine on this image, then it is most likely a bad lcd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users