Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video Acceleration?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cyclernyc

cyclernyc

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 PM

Posted 13 July 2009 - 02:55 PM

Hi -
When I watch a video of any of the shows on the TNT site (legal) they play for 30 seconds and then the video freezes while the audio continues to play.
Then after several minutes the video plays (where the audio already is) and then freezes and this continues through the whole show. There is no buffering - if I put it on pause, after the time of the section finishes, it just jumps to the next section.
I've used IE and Firefox - it's the same.

Their support told me to disable Video Acceleration in Windows Media Player but I'm not watching the show there - it is directly on the site but I did what they said and it didn't change anything.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2009 - 06:10 PM

What version of WMP do you have?

#3 cyclernyc

cyclernyc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2009 - 10:08 PM

What version of WMP do you have?

I believe that it's the latest one - 11.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users