Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Email & Website Linking problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ArthurMM

ArthurMM

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 AM

Posted 09 July 2005 - 08:50 AM

Email messages and downloaded web pages with links to information that are located elsewhere (that is ... not within the same email or web page) result in a new BLANK windows web page ... with the hourglass icon indicating that it is trying to download the information I am seeking ... but it is being blocked somehow from appearing.
I had been uploading programs into the computer before this occured. Unfortunately, the problem was not noticed right away and I have lost tract of the programs that were uploaded (assuming some kind of conflict is creating the problem in the first place?)
Your help woud be appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 AM

Posted 09 July 2005 - 10:21 AM

What operating system are you using? What browser?

If its XP did you download SP 2 recently?

It may be that your security settings are too high and stopping all Active X components, the security settings may be in the "high" zone rather than "medium", or you may have downloaded a hijacker.

Does your home page go to "about:blank" or is it trying to access the right address and just being prevented from connecting?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users