Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error Message: USB Device Not recognized

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cnlinton

cnlinton

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 PM

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:03 PM

Acer Aspire 5101 AWLMi

Error Message Reads:

USB Device Not recognized

One of the USB devices to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it.

I have gone to "Divice Manager" and seen three yellow question Marks on th following.

1. Other Devices
a. SM Bus Controller
b. Video Controller (VGA Compatible)

I have reimaged my computer (Do not have the original disks), with a valid Windows XP. I have been to the acer site and downloaded ALL the drivers and Bios and application downloads.

Is one of my hardware given up or can someone offer qualified advice on how to get my USB drives to work, PLEASE.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,229 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 AM

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:52 PM

What USB device...might this be?

See http://www.tech-faq.com/usb-device-not-recognized.shtml

Louis

#3 cnlinton

cnlinton
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 PM

Posted 13 July 2009 - 01:18 PM

I don't know what that means, what usb device. I stated above that my iphone and external speakers are no longer recognised. but the strange thing is, my memory stick can still be read. so do i need a driver or what?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users