Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 quickblue302

quickblue302

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 PM

Posted 13 July 2009 - 05:07 AM

Hello, my name is joe, i have a dell latitude d 420 p.c. I did a virus scan with macafee and turns out i have 6 trojans so, i download the autoruns softwere from microsoft and booted up in safe mode and went through the prom't, yet i only found two trojans, are the others hiding in good files.? any input is thankful-joe here are the trojans.... p.s. when looking for the bad files do i have to look for them manuely or, can i use ctrl f.?

C:\Documents and Settings\123\...\Temp\2589.exe Generic Dropper.cx
C:\Documents and Settings\123\...\Temp\8370.exe Generic Dropper.cx
C:\Documents and Settings\123\...\Temp\a.exe FakeAlert-EL
C:\WINDOWS\msa.exe Generic Dropper.cx
C:\WINDOWS\system32\1715.exe FakeAlert-EL
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ip_fw.sys Generic.dx!cd

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 PM

Posted 13 July 2009 - 05:29 AM

I would start out by doing a scan with Malwarebytes...

It can be downloaded from any of these places...

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

alternate download link 1
http://malwarebytes.gt500.org/mbam-setup.exe

alternate download link 2
http://www.majorgeeks.com/Malwarebytes_Ant...ware_d5756.html

Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application. (If it will not open, change the name of it) When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings. When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:

Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Then click Finish.

MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan. If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.

Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected. Then click on the Scan button.
If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.

When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found". Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.

After running that scan, post the log of the full results here and then download, install, update and run a quick scan with SuperAntiSpyware and post the log of the full results here. This scan may take some time to complete so please be patient.

That can be downloaded from SuperAntiSpyware.com

Allow both programs to remove whatever they find and if they tell you that you need to reboot your computer to complete the removal process, reboot.

Btw, I would not go looking for those files to remove them manually, let the cleaning programs take care of them, they can do a better job of taking care of the whole problem. If you delete part of the problem, that might make getting rid of the whole thing harder.

Edited by Stang777, 13 July 2009 - 05:58 AM.

#3 quickblue302

quickblue302
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 PM

Posted 13 July 2009 - 04:08 PM

thank you stang777! sharp lookin sn95. :thumbsup: it only fixed 20 files..?

Edited by quickblue302, 13 July 2009 - 04:31 PM.

#4 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 PM

Posted 13 July 2009 - 05:09 PM

You are welcome. Can you please post the logs from the scans?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users