Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

portable ubuntu

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 polarpimp

polarpimp

• Members
  • 178 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 PM

Posted 12 July 2009 - 10:00 PM

i put portable ubuntu on my usb drive and it wont work i went to the right step and everything i dont knw y?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 PM

Posted 12 July 2009 - 10:39 PM

if you can link to the instructions you used to make the USB Version (there are a few different versions) and we can help you. Check to make sure the PC you're trying to use it on can boot from usb and that the USB is the first boot device in the BIOS. If all that checks out ok then most likely the error came in unpacking the ISO file.

Posted Image

#3 1002 Richard S

1002 Richard S

• Members
  • 277 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 AM

Posted 21 July 2009 - 11:50 PM

If you want to try other portable versions of Linux, have a look at PenDriveLinux. I've used their guides a few times and they all work well.
If you try another flavour of Linux you could then find out if the problem was with the ISO file as suggested by BlackSpyder.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users