Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

XP default user changing

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 artinusa

artinusa

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 AM

Posted 12 July 2009 - 08:26 PM

How can I make XP when booting, use a preferred user instead of defaulting to using a user that does not see my NIC or does not allow the current user to be surf with a message

Source userenv
error 1500

Windows cannot log you on because your profile cannot be loaded. Check that you are connected to the network, or that your network is functioning correctly. If this problem persists, contact your network administrator.

DETAIL - Incorrect function.

This message refers to a default user XP loads ' NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE' which is not the normal user and thus gives basic privileges only and excludes the ability to surf..using my NIC

The user all my files are in is 'owner' how can I get XP to open the owner user file at boot and remember it

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,248 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2009 - 08:45 AM

How many...and what profiles...are reflected in User Accounts in Control Panel?

Louis

#3 artinusa

artinusa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2009 - 03:58 PM

Sorry for late long reply I was away ..I have auto logon as 'owner' with only one account being used sa default as I alone use the machine.....as admin..
However if I look in documents and setting I see many user entries from previous attempts to create a solution to this problem....but with a new NIC card a new account the same seems to happen....My XP home sp3 logs on to a user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM...very unsure why...can not find NIC adapter and I get the blue triangle..but in the device driver all is OK as I also see that the gateway was at some point opened ..as soon as I update the driver via device manager it works and I surf as normal ..but as the owner..in the error boxes in the event viewer I see the conflict I think with it using the NT user default...what would happen if I deleted it or moved all my 'owner stuff into this user any ideas

Just noticed this message in security events

Logon Failure:
Reason: Unknown user name or bad password
User Name: Owner
Domain:
Logon Type: 2
Logon Process: Advapi
Authentication Package: MICROSOFT_AUTHENTICATION_PACKAGE_V1_0
Workstation Name: FLORICUL-62A070

For more information, see Help and Support Center ......

and this

Special privileges assigned to new logon:
User Name: NETWORK SERVICE
Domain: NT AUTHORITY
Logon ID: (0x0,0x3E4)
Privileges: SeAuditPrivilege
SeAssignPrimaryTokenPrivilege
SeDebugPrivilege
SeChangeNotifyPrivilege

For more information, see Help and Support Center ....
I do not have a domain onor am I part of one..but could my system think I have this setup..?

Help please..driving me nuts

Edited by artinusa, 15 July 2009 - 04:08 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users