Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Shuttle Main Board Problems

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 junkdk

junkdk

• Members
  • 345 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 AM

Posted 09 July 2005 - 01:43 AM

Hey Guys,

Another problem. My Shuttle mother board will not see my PS/2 mouse no matter what.

I have seen others have this problem but did not pay attention to the answer.

Now I need the answer. My only other choice is a USB adapter.

Does any know?

Let me know,

junkdk :thumbsup:
Your Hardware Guide.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 AM

Posted 10 July 2005 - 04:46 PM

Hi junkdk,

This is a board level repair, but it is something you may wish to check. Open the case and uplug the computer - you know the standard saftey speech... :thumbsup:

Take a look beside the mouse ps/2 connector on the system board. You should see a pico fuse or a little green thing that looks like an old style resistor. Check it to see it it shows open with an ohm meter / multimeter. If it is open, the fuse is blown and no mouse will work on the port unitl it is replaced. Then the easy thing to do would be a usb mouse via mainboard ports or adapter. You can replace the fuse, but there are risks soldering on a system board. I had frends that would actually crush the component and solder the new part to the old leads still in the system board. Needless to say this is a do at your own risk. My opinion - buy the usb adapter.

One last word. I would also be real sure that the thing you are looking at is the pico fuse... not something else. See if the manual identifies it, and also check component id numbers on the fuse to part numbers on the web.

Good luck,

Rigel

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#3 junkdk

junkdk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 345 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 AM

Posted 12 July 2005 - 12:14 AM

Thanks.

I am a 2m tech but I already bought a USB adapter.

I really don't want to pull everything out again.

Thanks for the information though.

junkdk :thumbsup:
Your Hardware Guide.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users