Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

problems with loading the page

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 helen.b

helen.b

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 AM

Posted 12 July 2009 - 03:32 PM

hello,
i just bought new laptop and since then im having problems with loading the web sites. till now i had desktop computer but 3 weeks ago i bought laptop and have both now, but using laptop mostly. When i turn my laptop on its working fine but after some time of using, about 3 hours the web site wont load. any website. when i got laptop 3 weeks ago i installed mozzila firefox and this was happening up to 5x a day, so i uninstalled it, restored my computer back to the manufacturers and start using ie. however its still happening but less often, about 2x a day, the laptop will work fine, just the page wont load, so i have to restart it and it will take 15 minutes to actually restart. i can use the computer for 15 minutes after i clicked on restart, i usualy play game and then it will restart eventually. the internet connection is not an issue, because my msn messenger works fine eventhough i cant load the website. i dont know what the problem could be. the laptop is sony vaio and i was told is one of the best laptops. im thinking about returning the laptop but then it might be something simple i can fix myself with some help. thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ptfitzy

ptfitzy

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 AM

Posted 12 July 2009 - 07:31 PM

I have something similar. my E Mail Links won't open unless Ihave Internet Explorer minimized.
ptfitzy

#3 Aus Smithy

Aus Smithy

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 PM

Posted 15 July 2009 - 12:53 AM

There is something basically wrong if your Laptop is taking 15 minutes to close.
Can you describe how you have the two PC's set up - e.g. are they both active, are they both going though the same modem etc..
When you restart have you checked what processes are running and what resources they are using (use Task Manager and remember to tick the box at the bottom that says "Show Processes from all users")?

#4 helen.b

helen.b
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 AM

Posted 15 July 2009 - 12:34 PM

when this happens i go to task manager and click on iexplorer.exe and click on end proces. then i restart computer right away, otherwise it will take 15 minutes. i have no other problems, just this. the page just wont load eventhough the internet is working. it looks like ie is the problem, or the laptop, i dont know, but its brand new, just 3 weeks old and sony vaio is supposed to be good. but anything can be faulty. and i have only one week left to return it, if its faulty, so im desperate for help.

#5 Aus Smithy

Aus Smithy

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 PM

Posted 22 July 2009 - 04:10 AM

Helen,
Suggest you see if EVENT VIEWER is reporting any problems around the time you start Shutdown.
Paul

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users