Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WTF Is The ComboFix Tool???

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 DiamondOne

DiamondOne

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 PM

Posted 12 July 2009 - 02:46 PM

I have been to more than a dozen sites. All ability to access any ComboFix downloads have been met with no valid websites, or downloads that won't work and can't replace the existing file...etc.

What's going on? Mine was expired. I've taken all previous versions out. Where can I download it? This is ridiculous! Don't tell me the bad guys are preventing anyone from using it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Maurice Naggar

Maurice Naggar

Eradicator de malware

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,088 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2009 - 02:57 PM

Hello DiamondOne,

Do tell us why you are thinking of getting Combofix ? This tool should only be used with the help of an expert.
What is the reason for your inquiring? Do you have a malware issue?

And yes, the bad guys at times do block the running of the tool; although, not the authorized download sites.

If you do have a malware infection issue, make sure you first do the preliminaries and follow the steps outlined on this sub-forum at this topmost note

--> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

~~ updated note ~~
Downloads of Combofix are temporarily un-available, just so you know. This is temporary but we do not yet know how long it will be like that.

P.S.S. do NOT get any Combofix unless it is from an official site and then ONLY after an expert helper is helping you AND he/she has asked you to get it. Please have patience.

Edited by Maurice Naggar, 12 July 2009 - 03:13 PM.

~Maurice Naggar
MS-MVP (Oct 2002 - Sept 2010)

#3 DiamondOne

DiamondOne
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2009 - 03:59 PM

I have been using ComboFix for a LONG time. I know what I'm doing.

None of the sites have a valid link...including this one. Every link leads to an http404 error, or website not found. And I'm not paying for mirrors or torrents.

Everybody else redirects to a site that is not valid.

#4 Maurice Naggar

Maurice Naggar

Eradicator de malware

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,088 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2009 - 05:53 PM

Since you are not posting a DDS report as required, I will be closing this thread.
If you require help with malware removal, the forum requires you to follow the requirements and post a log.
If you need malware removal help and need this re-opened, contact a moderator.
~Maurice Naggar
MS-MVP (Oct 2002 - Sept 2010)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users