Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SUPERAntispyware

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 8Bits

8Bits

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 PM

Posted 12 July 2009 - 01:51 PM

I have a problem while installing SUPERAntispyware add-on for firefox
It downloads but cant install :thumbsup:

Firefox could not install the file at

http://www.superadblocker.com/activex/sabffx.xpi

because: Install script not found

Edit: Moved topic from All Other Applications to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,134 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 AM

Posted 12 July 2009 - 03:56 PM

http://www.superadblocker.com/supportfaqdisplay.html?faq=12
Does Super Ad Blocker work with Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, Safari, etc.? Click here to return to the FAQ page!

Super Ad Blocker supports Internet Explorer 5.x and above, Firefox 1.x-2.x, AOL and MSN.

Super Ad Blocker is not compatible with Firefox 3.x or Internet Explorer 8 at this time. We are working on finalizing our support for both Firefox 3.x and Internet Explorer 8, and it will be available in our next public release.

The best addons for Firefox 3.5 for blocking malicious scripts and ads are NoScript and Adblock Plus.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 RedDawn

RedDawn

• Members
  • 454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 PM

Posted 12 July 2009 - 04:02 PM

Install script not found -204, means it's not compatible with the latest version of Firefox.

The FileResearchCenter is a free service we provide in addition to SUPERAntiSpyware. Firefox 3 is a horrible system to support for developers - they have maintained ZERO backward support, unlike Microsoft which doesn't break everything each version. It's very frustrating to have to re-invent the wheel each time they do a release with no decent documentation and horribly commented code. As the director of our development, I place higher priority on zero-day threats than Firefox 3. We are working on the support - but must protect our users from ACTUAL threats that are coming out daily.

http://forums.superantispyware.com/viewtop...033&p=11354

:thumbsup:

#4 Someones

Someones

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2009 - 02:13 AM

The best addons for Firefox 3.5 for blocking malicious scripts and ads are NoScript and Adblock Plus.

I agree. But NoScript is a bit annoying so if you want to could set it to Allow All Sites globally, where it still has some protection.

#5 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,134 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2009 - 09:10 AM

There is a reason why the NoScript option of "allow globally" has "dangerous" at the end of it.
There is a small learning curve but I think most catch on how to use NoScript.
Any "annoyance" is minor compared to the annoyance of finding and removing malware.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#6 8Bits

8Bits
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 PM

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:19 AM

Sorry, I don't know but, an older Firefox should be compatible with new Firefox right? :thumbsup:

#7 RedDawn

RedDawn

• Members
  • 454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 PM

Posted 15 July 2009 - 09:14 AM

It's the Add-on which is not compatible with the latest Firefox. Every time Firefox has a major version update most if not all Add-ons have to be updated too by their developers.

#8 bluesjunior

bluesjunior

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 PM

Posted 15 July 2009 - 04:39 PM

NoScript, Ad-Block Plus and WOT are all compatible with Firefox 3.5.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz,Graphics: PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5,
PSU: Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E, Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users