Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot defrag. or use System Restore [Split]

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TwoDanes

TwoDanes

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 PM

Posted 12 July 2009 - 09:00 AM

I sure hope somebody addresses this guy's problems. I'm in the same boat but I still haven't been able to even create a system restore point. They are all gone.

After 3 weeks of work, I've finally gotten all (I think) the viruses and trojans off of this machine. I wanted to create a clean restore point before giving the darned thing back to its owner but it wouldn't let me, there are no restore points to go back to before, and it will NOT defrag.

Is there a virus still on here, blocking me from doing these things? Pullleeeeze help. I'm getting sick of looking at this guy's computer! :thumbsup: Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,801 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2009 - 11:13 AM

Split from this topic: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/240368/cannot-defrag-computer/ ~ OB

Is there a virus still on here, blocking me from doing these things

Maybe, maybe not.

Please describe the symptoms you were having before you started cleaning stuff off. What did you do to remove the infections? What programs did you use? What did they find?

Please do not post any logs at this point.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 TwoDanes

TwoDanes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2009 - 02:47 PM

Hey! Thanks for the reply. While I was waiting for an answer, I ran Windows Live One Care and that took care of it! I've ran almost 7 antivirus programs on this guy's computer and they all took something or other off or repaired but I could NOT get it to defrag or set a restore point. I knew then that something still wasn't cleared, so I went searching one more time. I think I found that answer on this forum somewhere but I can't find where I was!

Anyway...we're clean and green now and ready to rock!! Thanks again!

#4 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,801 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2009 - 07:25 PM

Thank you for letting us know. Glad things are working for you.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users