Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

RECONNECTING ALTEC-LANSING SURROUND SOUND SPEAKERS

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 la woman

la woman

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 AM

Posted 12 July 2009 - 10:55 AM

I 'managed' to disconnect my speakers from my Dell 8300. Not quite sure how to reconnect. Can't find the user manual for the speakers. 4 'champagne glass' Altecs surround speakers and a woofer. Nothing has been unplugged from the woofer, but something certainly has from the Dell. Thanks anyone who can help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 AM

Posted 12 July 2009 - 11:18 AM

Nothing has been unplugged from the woofer, but something certainly has from the Dell. Thanks anyone who can help!

There is only one plug to the back of the computer. It's usually green in color and so is the jack it plugs into
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 la woman

la woman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2009 - 11:29 AM

I tried that - pale green plug into pale green outlet - but nothing is happening, unfortunately.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,556 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 AM

Posted 12 July 2009 - 12:21 PM

Have you tried these speakers...with any other device (.mp3 player, etc.) to see if they function properly?

Louis

#5 la woman

la woman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2009 - 01:07 PM

Have you tried these speakers...with any other device (.mp3 player, etc.) to see if they function properly?

Louis

They were working fine last night - I know this is just some stupid plug that's pulled out, but the problem is that I have three black jacks and a pale green jack. A friend is coming over this afternoon to reconnect things, after which I fully intend to take a photo of the back of the computer so this doesn't happen again. Thanks for responding everyone.

#6 la woman

la woman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2009 - 09:23 PM

Essentially what happened was a clip inside the CPU that holds the drivers steady was loose. Accordingly, the SB Audigy default was unavailable. I've taken a photo for future reference. Green to green and black to black.

My friend, a computer professional, is a big fan of Bleeping Computer, btw.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users